Friday, June 08, 2007

I don't know what it is


Oh Trick Daddy, why do you intrigue me so?

I was exhausted Saturday evening. I spent the previous night dancing the night away with the
  • sober and older,
  • got little sleep, and still managed to get up for work at the restaurant at 6 a.m. the following morning. Nothing new, nothing unusual. But I was so sure that I could muster up the strength to hit the streets Saturday night. And then I got home. And then I sat down in front of a computer. And then the fatigue set in. And then I had to text folks letting them know that I had to rope in, and get some rest. Can't go hard every night.

    And then a different group of friends texted me.

    Bored. Want to lay low. Nothing too outrageous. Just chill. I can get with that. And I did. Hopped in the car, grabbed the backseat and we proceeded to drive, and drive, and drive. Eventually I got agitated and wondered why laying low couldn't include a movie, being stupid in front of a television or anything, instead of you know, riding around in a car for nearly three hours, including a brief excursion to Comtpon to see where the driver went to school when she was young. Don't ask. She was feeling nostalgic.

    But it's not like it was all bad. I mean some of us were not sober and highly entertaining, particularly when the iPod came out and the jams got played. [Tauwan not sober plus music he loves equals good times.] That is until the ridiculously raunchy southern hip-hop came on. One song in particular that stuck out had a chorus that included a back and forth between a male and female rapper that went something like HIM: jump jump on the dick! and HER: suck suck on the clit.

    Ugh.

    I just downloaded this track.

    Why?

    Said song is a Trick Daddy track.

    I don't know why, but when I saw his name attached to the words Jump on the Dick, I just had to get a listen, and was completely surprised to find out that it was the same song that I was completely bored with as I sat in the backseat of the car pouting at the raunchy and uninspired hip-hop being played. But now, all of a sudden I'm "bout it, bout it."

    I don't knowm, blame it on my childhood, blame it on my youth, shit, blame it on my love for no nonsense hip-hop and R&B singles. I don't know. But I do know this, if Trick Daddy were to release a greatest hits album today, I would scoop it up immediately. Real talk.

    Trick Daddy feat. Trina- "Nann Nigga"



    Trick Daddy feat. Duece Poppito Of 24 Karatz, Trina, and Co Of Tre +6- Shut Up

    "Are those Bugle Boys jeans you're wearing?" "Hell naw bitch they Polo!"

    HA! Love it! Oh old school obsessions with Tommy Hilfiger and Polo Jeans.



    Trick Daddy feat the Slip-N-Slide Crew- Take it to da House

    One word: CLASSIC! Still gets the party started.



    Trick Daddy-I'm A Thug

    That beat. And that chorus... That motherfucking chorus.



    Trick Daddy feat. Cee-Lo and Big Boi- In Da Wind

    TRICK LOVE THE KIDS!

    Before Gnarls. Post Goodie Mob. Act like you know.



    Trick Daddy feat. Cee-Lo, Ludacris, and Lil Kim- Sugar (Gimme Some)

    No comments: