Friday, June 22, 2007

Get me bodied!


T-minus 6 days and counting...

You know growing up I didn't care for sports. [which is quite sad seeing as how I was quite the running back and wide reciever whenever the gang and I played a game of touch football in the street] And I was quite fond of music and dancing in my bedroom as a form of working out. And you know what else I was super into? The Spice Girls. [I wonder if my close friends and family gave up on my masculinity from that point forward.] From the end of seventh grade to the end of my senior year of high school I was blessed with a wonderful mentor who shared a love of the arts, especially music, so it was only natural that I dragged him along, for my first concert, to Devore, California to take in the Spiceworld show. Yeah that's right. I said it. First concert. It's all good though, he flirted with single moms [cause there were plenty in abundance] while I sang and danced til my heart gave out with the crowd of [mostly] young and teenage girls. [It was the summer of 1998 so I was about 14 years old]

[Yeah that's right Teresa. That sleevless Spice Girls shirt I am wearing in one of my Myspace photos that you referred to as a Tunic is from the actual Spiceworld concert]

Yep big fan, this kid right here. Books, CD's, cassettes, and I'll stop here cause I want to hold onto a least a slither of whatever is left of my masculinity.
[But rest assured I don't own any dolls. Nope. Not for me. I did buy my younger sister a Scary Spice doll for her birthday at the height of their fame though.]

Yeah...

So anyways, why all the nostalgia? Cause the girls may be coming around again to spice up our lives. And now that I can drink and get my grown man on, this may be a trip down memory lane worth taking. Who's with me?

  • THE SUN: Spice Girls return is certain
  • No comments: