Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Prince I love you, but you're bringing my "unemployed", cheap, limited funds having ass down.


Prince: Don't you wanna come?
Tauwan: 3121? Yeah. Don't you wanna pay for my ticket?



So a month or so ago I heard that Prince was coming to Los Angeles, Club 3121 style like he did in Vegas, and I was all sorts of excited. And then I read this:

"As expected, Prince's shows will not be a cheap ticket. VIP packages (for two), limited to a total of 65, will cost $3,121, with 70 standing-room only tickets going for $312.10. (Yes, numerals in the pricetags add up to 7; the guy has a fondness for that number.)...The show promises to be intimate. The evenings kick off with a 7:30 p.m. dinner in the hotel's Dakota restaurant, presented by Prince's personal chef Lena Morgan. After dinner, guests will go to the Blossom Room for a DJ set followed by a two-hour Prince performance. And at about 1 a.m., Prince will preside over a "free-form jazz jam." Expect cameos by special guests -- the likes of Elton John, Will.I.Am, Herbie Hancock and Kelis have sat in with Prince before..."

Am I still excited? Not so much. [Shrugs shoulders, crosses arms across chest, and pouts]

  • BUZZ BANDS: Exclusive: Prince performances to start this week at Roosevelt Hotel
  • No comments: