Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Big Ups T-Pain!/New flava in ya ear!


It's not right, but it's okay.

I have a cousin. He's a senior in high school. In actuality he is more like a little brother. During our youth we had matching outfits from time to time, and have lived under the same roof since my 8th grade year of junior high school. Now that I am out of college we have gotten a little tighter, bonding over tales of respective late night debauchery, family members getting us down, and of course music. Now cousin lil bro keeps his ear glued to the streets when it comes to current and popular hip-hop and R&B, which when you think about it isn't that hard when you are a high school student in Southern Los Angeles who surrounds himself/is surrounded by predominately Black and Hispanic peers. Every now and then cousin lil bro and I go back and forth over some song that just needs to be heard, or in his case, something all the kids are listening to that he wants my opinion on. So, in honor of T-Pain's new album hitting number one on the charts, [Which surprises the hell out of me. I thought for sure that Rihanna had that top spot on lock.] here's a song cousin lil bro played for me one day as we rode to Burger King or some shit together. Sean Kingston. Beautiful Girls (Suicidal)*. Enjoy!



*And no, he did not know that Ben E. King's Stand By Me provides the backdrop for most of this song.

No comments: