Monday, June 18, 2007

I don't know what love is [I just do as I'm told]


WELCOME BAAAACK!

Did anybody else catch this set at Bonnaroo last night? I don't know what I liked more: Meg passionately singing [I mean the girl was projecting and emoting like a kid in front of her mirror with a hairbrush] In the Cold, Cold, Night as the sun began to set over the crowd; Jack falling to his knees and crawling towards the back of the stage, outta sight, outta mind, taking out every guitar in his path during yet another blistering guitar solo; or the back and forth he commanded so expertly between keyboards and guitar during an awe inspiring rendition of Icky Thump. [And how great was that old school hanging microphone? In the words of John Travolta on South Park: Oh my God!]

Look, it's Jack and Meg's world, and I'm just living in it. And after catching their Bonnaroo set live on the internet last night, I am glad to have them back in my life. And I also can not wait to get my hands on Icky Thump tomorrow. I have not downloaded a single track from the album, nor have I streamed it online, and yes, the anticipation is killing me, but I can wait. In the meantime I am going back, playing the old stuff, gearing up for the new release and allowing myself to be content with the fact that this week might just belong to the White Stripes. Yes, their catalogue will be in constant rotation 'round these parts. Trust.

  • STEREOGUM: Bonnaroo Sunday: Wilco & The White Stripes Raze The Stages


  • IDOLATOR: The Last Word: Everyone! Loves! The White Stripes!


  • STEREOGUM: White Stripes taking it back to the days of brick and mortar


  • PITCHFORK: The White Stripes - Icky Thump [album review]
  • No comments: