Saturday, September 09, 2006

I'm so excited!


It's no secret, I like music. All kinds. The only thing I like more than music itself is passing it on to other people. Earlier this summer I gave a friend a copy of a mixtape I made titled
  • Panic! From the Stereo!
  • One song that stuck out for him immediately from that mix was the Scissor Sister's Mary; a song with vocals so crisp, so confident that midway through the drive he stated, "man this lead singer must get a lot of chicks with a voice like that." Chicks. Jake Shears. Yeah. Had to fill him in on the whole 3/4's of this group being gay including the frontman.

    Cut to Friday September 8th, trip to the Mailbu Canyons, gotta have music for the ride right? One of the cd's I grab is the Scissor Sisters' debut LP. He immediately takes a liking to it and all of a sudden I am revitalized as the disc provides the perfect soundtrack for us as we take the scenic route parallel to the water in Santa Monica. "Boy this is just good dance music!" Uh, yeah.

    After a few repeated listens all I could think about is upcoming release of their new album Ta-Dah, and how badly I need it in my life. Y'all don't understand, but I live for this kind of music. I have recently realized that dance/glam/disco is my favorite kind of music and boy do they do it well. Two weeks and counting baby.

    And
  • this
  • great review in the The Times U.K. does nothing to curb my enthusiasm.

    No comments: