Thursday, September 28, 2006

If you want my body and you think I'm sexy...[y'all know the rest]


Even former pop stars find themselves in sticky situations. Yesterday former 98 Degrees member Jeff Timmons appeared in court pleading no contest to two misdemeanors: reckless driving and refusing to sign a citation. As reported by Rollingstone.com:

"In April of this year Timmons was caught driving 60 mph in a 45 mph zone and was charged with a DUI. The charges were reduced, “due to a lack of evidence,” after he refused to submit to breath, blood or urine tests."


Now I know we are all quietly thinking to ourselves who the f**k cares right? But seeing as how I came of age when manafactured pop was all the rage, I read this post and looked at the image and was surprised that I couldn't put an image of the Jeff from the past to his name or even recognize him in his mug shot. Let's not act like we don't know what Nick looks like [thanks MTV], or Drew [thanks ABC], or the blonde haired kid who looked 30. But Jeff Timmons? Nope, slipped my mind. Had to research it and look at some pictures and when I did I got hit with another thought: Is it just me or were 98 Degrees the
  • Abercrombie and Fitch
  • of boy bands? As if the thing that made them different from Nsync and the Backstreet Boys was 'hey we lift weights five to six times a week!'

    No comments: