Thursday, September 07, 2006

It's Not Right (?), But It's Okay

I hadn't written her off. No. I actually quite enjoyed her on Being Bobby Brown, and I love me some I Wanna Dance With Somebody and still bump the late 90's early 2000's R&B goodness that is My Love is Your Love. I had just assumed that she was done with the whole singing/performing/winning awards thing. That she was busy being occupied with shiny metal objects and the like. I also assumed that the voice may have gone through a little wear and tear in the past few years and is now unfixable. Guess I was wrong. According to Clive Davis Whitney Houston has picked six songs to record for an upcoming album. [Ever the singer, never the writer that Whitney!]Wonder which route she will choose to go down? Will she get her Christina on, or will she get her Beyonce on? Or maybe she'll get her Mariah Carey on and stage a somehwat successful "comeback?" Or maybe I shouldn't wonder antyhing and just let it all happen. I believe that's what Clive wants when he says things such as Whitney won't "be doing anything that her producers say could be musically groundbreaking," or advises us to not have "unrealistic expectations about the album's music productions and lyrics." In other words, just listen. I guess that means no spoken word album, Whitney with an acoustic guitar, or Whitney backed by African vocalists. Sigh.

No comments: