Saturday, October 13, 2007

The way that you walk, the way that you talk...

FILE UNDER: This is how we do it!

I workout in my garage.

I don't have a gym membership. [I'm young, fresh out of college, and trying to save for a place]

But I got a newly cleaned out garage equipped with a television, some weights, and a weight bench. [cause shortly following his accident, my recently deceased grandfather was convinced that he was gonna start working out and whip himself into shape]

And this one time I didn't have my iPod.

I left it in someone's apt and/or car.

Today I would have no music to blast through one of the old family room's stereo speaker.

Yeah,...

...that's right. I stick the Pod in the speaker and workout like it's 1989! [The Karate Kid Part III stand up!]

But not today.

At first it was cool, but then I couldn't take it anymore, so I went ahead and did something I never do: I turned on the radio. Just in time for Jonesy's Juxebox.

But after a while that shit got old.

So I went did something I also never do:

  • I dusted off my addidas cassette case [a.k.a my shoe box] and played me some tapes.


  • And while it was nice to sing along to the first Destiny's Child album, Ginuwine's debut, a few singles off of Whitney's first album, and some Quindon, what I really wanted to hear was this one song that I knew I had the cassingle for, but was now forever lost in the ether.

    I couldn't remember the singer. But I know it had the original version on Side A and a Bad Boy Remix on Side B. [SIDENOTE: Didn't all R&B songs have Bad Boy remixes back in the day? Damn. Who did Puff Daddy think he was? Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins?]

    And it may have contained that classic line you wish Missy Elliot would bring back:

    HE HE HE HOW. HE HE HE HOW!

    Not sure, but it could.

    Yep. Couldn't even remember the hook or any of the lyrics.

  • Then I went and posted an old Lil Mo song.


  • And there it was on the side, recommended next in line on YouTube, in all its old school glory.

    Gina Thompson feat. Missy Eliiot.

    The things you do [Bad Boy Remix].

    Act like you know.

    No comments: