Monday, October 22, 2007

Relief next to me.

That's it. I'm convinced. Tegan & Sara are the female singing, lesbian, twin sister answer to Morrissey.

At least in Los Angeles.

This came to me yesterday when I saw that their upcoming show next Monday at the Orpheum is sold out, and, if my memory serves me correctly, has been like that for a while now. It took me back to Tuesday July 24th, 2007. Best Buy in West Hollywood. The Con sold out. No problem. Hit up Amoeba.

Not a good idea.

Free Tegan & Sara show. It ain't set to start for a good hour, hour and a half, and this line is already around the block, wrapping around the store, touching Fountain. Oh, and you can't get in the store cause it's filled to capacity, but feel free to accept this coupon for a little off your next purchase or some shit.

Guess these L.A. youngsters love them some Tegan & Sara huh?

Couldn't help but think of this as I saw that the girls had gone and sold out a night at the Orpheum. And then I wondered what was going on with The Con. Why? Cause the album is wonderful, and though I am far from sick of that infectious lead single Back in you head [Trust me], I had been wondering what was up with them on the new single tip, and whether consumers and critics alike had given up on this one as if it was Some Loud Thunder or something.

Fortunately this is far from the case, and the ladies are back with a new video for all the world to see and fall in love with, which in turn will lead them all to buy the album, and keep me from getting inside Amoeba Records.

Tegan & Sara.

The Con.

Enjoy!

No comments: