Monday, October 15, 2007

SATURDAY! SATURDAY! SATURDAY! SATURDAY! SATURDAY!


Cause a party ain't a party til a guy and girl re-enact this music video in a doorway at a party for all the world to see.

I really wish I could sit here and recount the night that was Saturday, October 13th, 2007. A night where in walked two well-to-do rap scallions looking to show face and have a cocktail or two before heading off somewhere else or to call it a night. Yes two young well-to-do rap scallions, who would, unbeknownst to both themselves and all around them cold rock the party til the break of dawn.

Yeah ...

I wish I could sit here and recount how we stayed there at this adult like affair til nearly 4 a.m. and went nowhere else. Yeah I wish I could sit here and recount how we all brought it; how much my ass and legs hurt the next morning cause I danced on a hard wood floor all night in my "work/Sunday" shoes [ladies I now understand what y'all go through with that whole breaking it down in stilettos thing]; how the night was all about placing asses on shoulders, mocking ice skaters on the dancefloor, and jungle gym dancing to Paula Abdul like it was something fresh and/or novel...

-Sigh-

But my girl T-Money already beat me to it.

This is her story:

All Night Long

Tauwan and I went to a cocktail party on Saturday and managed to turn it into a crazy dance-a-thon. No, really, we did.

I was still weary from Des' limo bday shenanagins on Friday. I barely even made it to said cocktail party. The dance party started out small, only about 2 1/2 deep. Tauwan and Katherine jumped in with both feet to "Last Night a DJ Saved My Life", which was both theirs favorite tune of all time. I sorta danced in my chair while devouring the homemade guacamole dip.

A couple of drinks later and some more eighties hit, and the dance posse was 5 deep. I made it out in full-force when every other track was by David Bowie. "Rebel Rebel", "Young Americans", and "Golden Years" pumped out of the tiny laptop speakers. But we didn't mind the poor sound quality, it all sounds the same when you're licquored up.

It really got crazy though when the entire party bust a move to "Good Vibrations" by Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch. You remember that shit. It was the jam in like 1992.



Tauwan and Katherine's boyfriend got super funky! It was like they had a synchronized routine, complete with Roger Rabbit breakdowns and everything. They had everyone in laughing fits! It was hilarious. And then it got even sillier when Lionel Richie's classic, "All Night Long" came one. They both knew all the words, and the party turned into a dance/karaoke event.

Other highlights were the lyrical re-interpretation of "Cold Hearted Snake" by Tauwan and this girl who like danced in the doorway in a sort of stripper-esque (still tasteful tho) way. And any time Prince or Michael Jackson came on, the dance machine (aka Tauwan) was out in full effect.

Somehow we cranked up the dance party at this mellow cocktail party all night long, until 3am, I kid you not! It was fun to actually go to only one party for the night. Sometimes a girl gets sick of partyhopping. Thanks to Katherine with her large stock of alcohol, I could stay and drink my fill in one location. Plus, the food was really good.

So take note, if you need someone to get the crowd to move their feet, look no further to the crack team of Tauwan and Teresa. Just provide us with alcohol and some medium good music, and we'll get the job done.

Got another minute?

Peep her blog:

  • Confessions of a Pop Culture Addict


  • And you know what else? People really don't play Prince's Uptown as much as they should at house parties. Y'all better get on that hosts's and hostess's with the mostest!

    No comments: