Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Houston, we have a problem.



Okay, so the whole maybe I'll check out that Devendra Banhart show next weekend at the Orpheum has turned into okay, gotta go to that Devendra Banhart show next weekend at the Orpheum. I don't know what it was. I was all set to play me some Sheperd's Dog on the ride home from work, but went with Smokey Rolls Down Thunder Canyon instead. [Don't fret Mr. Beam. I still fucks with you, but it ain't your time just yet.]

I don't know. Maybe it was the bossa nova stomp of Samba Vexillographica. Or maybe it was the reawakening of Seahorse midway through. Or maybe it was the beautiful simplicity of the track that follows it, Bad Girl, that just makes for a deliciously soothing and entertaining one-two-three punch near the beginning of the disc. Or maybe it was my realization that from Track 10 onwards -also known as the latter half of the disc- Devendra shows that he's got soul, and he's super bad. I just don't know. But I do know this, I gotta get myself a ticket to that show if they are still up for grabs. Even if I have to go alone, cause unfortunately, ain't nobody else repping for Devendra Banhart in my circle of friends. Just me.*

[Cue the Debbie Downer music]

Wah...Wah..WAAAAAHH!



And try, I repeat try not to adore this one:

  • HYPE MACHINE: Devendra Banhart - Bad Girl [stream]


  • *If you wanna go and need some company, holla at ya boy!

    No comments: