Sunday, October 14, 2007

Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of These).



"The first time I listened to Radiohead's "In Rainbows," I loved it, no holds barred. Joy warmed my ears as the album's 10 songs poured forth from a freshly unzipped download; this music was as intricate and challenging as one would expect from rock's most risk-taking band, but it had soul and a kind of sweetness that made its complexities accessible. That last quality made me grateful too. Like all those other online scribes who apologized for listening only once or twice before jumping into this unprecedented moment of collective listener response, I had an easier time because Radiohead had gone pop this time..."

Right on sista, right on. I don't know what took me so long, but I finally got my hands on Radiohead's In Rainbows today. And though I have only listened to it once thus far, I can say without a doubt that I am in love and that with repeated listenings it will probably be one of my favorite discs of the year.

  • LOS ANGELES TIMES: Spellbound in a Radiohead prism
  • No comments: