Friday, July 13, 2007

Everything hits at once!

File Under: Big Ups Teresa!




I was sitting there in a com-for-ta-ble chair and that was all that I needed. Check the e-mizzle and what do I see? A myspace message from my girl Teresa. Something going down tonight? Should I dust off the dancing shoes? Who knows?

Get to myspace, log on in, hit the inbox. Subject? tix for spoon on monday nite.

Oh word?

Gotta open this one.

The body read as follows:

**repost**

Very limited number of tickets on sale tomorrow morning.

At 10am tomorrow, we'll post a link on Little Radio to purchase tickets for Monday nights party with Spoon and John Vanderslice. Only 100 will be available.

Tickets will be $15 and will include free drinks from Dewar's.


Oh hell yeah! Now unless you are living under a rock, you know that this past Tuesday was a great day to be a music consumer. There were at least three or four decent to stellar releases that dropped that day, one of them being Spoon's latest Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga.

Definitely feeling this one just as I did Gimme Fiction, Kill the Moonlight, and Girls Can Tell before it. And now you are telling me that I can catch them in downtown Los Angeles this Monday, for 15 bucks, and I get some free alcohol in the process?

Oh hell yes!

Needless to say I think you know what I got my hands on this morning over coffee. That's right, a $16 and 50 cent ticket [take that Ticketmaster!] to see Spoon and special opener John Vanderslice. Big ups to Spoon, the lovely folks over at Little Radio, and my partner in crime Teresa for the heads up! Monday night should be great.

Developing...

EARLIER...

  • Five concerts.
  • No comments: