Thursday, July 19, 2007

Let's get this party started right!


Man I had such high hopes for this album.

Don't get me wrong, it ain't bad, but I don't know, I was just expecting a little bit more. And why wouldn't I? Way before the album's July 10th release date, lead single D.A.N.C.E. was generating all kinds of positive buzz with its infectious refrains, child like harmonies [provided by children of course], funk laced bounce, and dizzying yet gratifying music video accompaniment.

I don't know. Maybe I need a little more time. Maybe I was expecting more vocals, scat raps, and gets downs of the Basement Jaxx, Presets, and Daft Punk variety, and less trance like vibes. I don't know. But I will say this, midway through the album I sit up straight, go oh word, and find myself enjoying a song that I think could go on and become my new D.A.N.C.E. And we all know how much I adored/adore that track.

Justice.

Featuring Uffie.

The Party.

Getdowngirl, goheadgetdown!

  • Justice feat Uffie - The Party
  • No comments: