Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Con.


Oh Tegan and Sara.

Prior to today the lesbian twin sister indie rock duo who could were just another act on the radar who, if you brought them up in conversation I would go, "oh yeah I've heard of them," but then couldn't turn around and wax poetic about one of their tracks because I'm just not familiar with their music.

Cut to today.

New release Tuesday. Lots of new stuff to take in, one of them being the Con, a new full length LP from you guessed it, Tegan and Sara. Critics are raving, fans are salivating. Guess I'll go ahead and give the sound clips a listen.

Well what do we have here?

This is some good shit.

Guess I'll add it to the list of things to buy this afternoon.

Head out to the local Best Buy. All they have left is the double disc version. One disc a CD, the other a DVD. I don't need all that. History has shown, even with my favorite artists that I don't touch the DVD's. Nothing personal. I don't know. They just collect dust. The same also occurs, 9 times out of ten, with bonus discs, unless the bonus tracks and/or remixes are just that kicking. No worries. They got the single disc Con for 9.99.

Or maybe they don't.

Sold out.

"Try Amoeba," he says.

Don't mind if I do.

Go north. Arrive at Amoeba. What is this line all the way around the building? Jesus Christ. Once inch closer to the store and it hits me: Tegan and Sara, live at Amoeba. 6PM. It is now 5:15. What the fuck was I thinking?

Walk to the front. Ask if I can shop. "Sorry. We are at capacity. Fire Marshall won't let us allow anyone else to come inside. Here, have a coupon!" Wow. Tell that to the people wrapped around the block inching towards Fountain. That'll make em happy.

Oh well. I got my Prince and I got my new Yeah Yeah Yeahs EP. I'll have to wait to get that new Tegan and Sara. And when I do, here's hoping I won't have to deal with chain stores who recieve about 15 copies of a new indie joint on new release Tuesday, or giant record stores packed to capacity.

No comments: