Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Big thangs poppin'!

File Under: A Moment of Clarity

Look I get it. I understand. People grow up. People grow up and make grown ass man or woman decisions. Nothing novel, nothing out of the ordinary. But damn it, what is up my brothers and sisters who helped make my childhood worth living here in this black surburban area of ours? We are now all in our 20's or at least we are getting there. The oldest one of us will be 25 this October. He is doing big things now. Got a job job. Got his qwn place. On his second car. Living the life. Oh and his girlfriend of nearly seven months [more like two if you count the random daliances that occured before they started applying labels like boyfriend and girlfriend] is pregnant. That's right pregnant. And he is so excited, and hoping that she decides to keep it. He's 24.

Now I know what you are thinking. This is nothing new. Young people get pregnant. But damn. He wants this baby. Go down the street to the left and another one of our friends from growing up [who is my age] already has a little girl. Cross the street and our boy who is a year older than me has a little boy. His little brother who is a year or two younger than me also has a baby on the way. Oh and did I mention that my little sister is ready pop sometime before the end of summer/start of fall. Seriously. What the fuck? what is up my brothers and sisters who helped make my childhood worth living here in this black surburban area of ours?

I know one thing though. Y'all can all joke about how I'm next and this and that, but that is simply not the case. I wish I would go out and go half on a baby. You must have gone and lost your cotton picking mind.

Oh and congratulations to all who are taking the plunge and doing the damn thing. Bringing a child into the world ain't an easy thing to do, but if you're ready and fully committed to raising a child like a good parent should, then I can't hate. Big ups and I guess keep it poppin.

No comments: