Friday, December 01, 2006

Clap your hands everybody, everybody just clap your hands!

  • Remember this?


  • Well one should never judge a book by it's cover, cause boy did I have a good time when I went and saw Happy Feet last Sunday. Sure, if you are of the conservative persuasion, or ain't got time for sometimes subtle sometimes not mentionings of global warming, homosexuality, and immigration, well maybe you should stay away.

    But you know what you shouldn't do? Cast aside this new video for Prince's hushed toe-tapping jam Song of the Heart, featured in the movie and on the soundtrack. Yeah, I know, how can you have a Prince video without the Purple One present himself? Okay. I'll let it slide this time, but only because the Savion Glover stylings of the dancing Penguin that could Mumble gels so nicely against Prince's groove. And I guess I can tolerate a little Penguin choreography here and there, but next time give the people what they want, a little bit of funk, and a whole lotta Prince.

    No comments: