Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Sho' Ya Right!

So a weekend or two back I flipped on my tele and landed on BET. [Black.Star.POWER!] Luckily for me Keyshia Cole's show The Way it Is was on repeat and getting its marathon on.

Wow.

Immediately swept. Up. In it. I mean captivated. Why? Cause that shit was real, son! And all too familiar. The family struggles, stuffing "everybody and they mama" in one house, working for the cit-tay, loud ghetto ass arguments in the street in front of both your neighbors AND your kids, not to mention a whole lot of grown black folks who apparently ain't never heard of a censor button. MY GOD! At times it was like an episode of "Tauwan, this is your life!" But more than anything it just endeared me to Keyshia Cole, an artist whose musical output hasn't really been scanned by me outside of a few singles. It was just real. She's just real. In fact, she's just like us.

Don't believe me?

Peep this ad. Cause ain't too many artists running around doing ads for Pink Smooth Touch.



Let that soul glow girl! Let it glow!

Coming soon to an issue of Ebony, Essence, Black Hair, or Jet near you!


Pic spotted over at
  • Crunk + Disorderly.
  • No comments: