Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Old school funk for the true funk soldiers!

Maybe it was the fact that I caught the tail end of a Making the Band special on MTV. Or maybe it was because I sat through an entire episode of the Jamie Foxx produced, Fonzworth Bentley starring reality show From G's to Gents. [Which, it must be said, is pretty entertaining] Or maybe it's because I love the way this song starts. [More on that later]I don't know. But for some reason last night I found myself bumping 112 like it was 2001, and I was a member of Bad Boy's street team.

Real talk.



Seriously, who doesn't like singing those opening lines:

"[Voice light and airy] What is this?/Numbers in your pocket/I remember when you [Voice a little huskier now]Used to throw those things away/ [Voice back to soft with a little bit more clarity and yearning] Why do you wanna keep in touch now?/Who gave you a reason?/ [All out, balls to the wall falsetto]To act so SHADY?"

P.S. Do they have a greatest hits collection? Cause I'd be all over that shit.

No comments: