Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Magic's in the Make-Up.

FILE UNDER: PRIMARIES: Out of the Races & Onto the Tracks!

So I gotta admit, I was all swept up in Barack Obama's how do you say, "aura" during the primary season. And I felt that small tinge of emotion and pride as I saw Michelle Obama, a Black woman, next in line to be first lady, march to the podium to speak as Stevie Wonder played in the background. As a Black American male it was just an incredible visage. But the speech? It was fine, but I don't know, I was just expecting so much more for some reason. So I went into Monday night's speech by Hillary Clinton with no expectations, along for the ride, hoping for something substantial, inspiring, and worthwhile. And boy did she deliver. I never hated Hillary or wanted her to go play somewhere, no. I just stood more firmly behind my man Obama, but on Monday night I second guessed myself as this woman moved me, entertained me, quoted Harriet Tubman and came with a swagger many thought was privy only to her husband. Barack is my nominee, and I'mma hopefully ride with him through thick and then til the wheels fall off, but Hillary? She's my girl and here's hoping that for her, the best is yet to come.

No comments: