Wednesday, August 20, 2008

When I Grow Up!

FILE UNDER: Quote of the Day!/Good Morning!/A Moment of Clarity.


"I coulda been a contender?"

Two college buddies talk about the future and where they are headed. One has taken the GRE recently, while the other is contemplating Paralegal/Law School. This is an excerpt from their story:


HIM: here's the thing about law school...are you enjoying your life in a law firm? also...what law do you think you might want to do? personally, i can't see you as a lawyer; i feel like you are too personable and too electric to do that. i don't know if entertainment would be right because biz is all whack but...i don't know. i could totally see you being a really good teacher and inspiring a lot of kids.
HE:...In the end I just want to do something involving politics possibly [with an emphasis on current events. I like having that shit in my life and all I seem to do is read history or political books for fun. You know when I am not reading and writing about music. hehe.], and there is always the drive to bring arts to younger children. Particularly those with limited access to it in the first place. Can you imagine how much more "electric" I would have been if I didn't have to seek out my artistic sensibilities or keep them under wraps til my later formative years. Actually don't answer that. There's a huge possibility I could have turned out to be one horribly arrogant little stage kid. You know, like a Black Zac Efron or something...

No comments: