Friday, December 07, 2007

This is how we do it.

Yes it is Elvis. You don't even know...

Now if you visit this blog often, you know that old school jams are more often than not posted under the "Old School Funk for the True Funk Soldiers" headline. But sometimes old school joints are so good, so well put together, so classic to a brotha, [see Montell Jordan's This is how we do it] that all I can do is marvel at their goodness as they boldly play on and show us how's it done. This jam, presented below, is one such example.


So I'm on my way to work this morning, eyes glued to the page of Charlie Wilson's War. Give my eyes a break, lift my head to the sky. Look forward and am hit with the visage of a slender looking woman with gorgeous, shoulder length jet black hair, nicely adorned by an immaculately white linen fedora.

It's Elvis Crespo.

OOOPS!


My bad.

And then I stop and think, "You know what? I need more of this song in my life":



You wish I was kidding.

Earlier...

  • Ay Chico!
  • No comments: