Monday, December 10, 2007

New flava in ya ear!


X marks the spot!

Late evening, early night. Post quick Los Angeles downpour. Let's just go ahead and call it Heterosexual Saturday. We had it all mapped out. Tonight would be a relatively chill night. Just us, our laughs, our good times, some drank, and the Beyonce Live Experience DVD. Played back to back with, of course, the documentary Paris is Burning.

Which is why are here. The Virgin Megastore. Made some calls, looked about. They had the doc on DVD. It was on hold. It was time to get it and get the party started. BUT, of course, this is a record store, and there was no way we were gonna be in and out. Oh, what is this? New Kylie Minogue huh? Damn. Kind of want it. But it's an import, and this is the Virgin Megastore, meaning this beast was gonna set me back at least fifty-eleven dollars [actually 22.99], and plus I was already about to put down a deposit for a house when it came time to purchase that documentary. [actually 29.95, but close enough]

My friend will talk me out of spending fifty bucks for two items. One CD. One DVD.

No problem.

"You're joking right."

Oh yeah, that's right. He may have a long term live in boyfriend, but contrary to popular belief, a Kylie fan he is not, he with the limited edition slow jam/old school hip-hop and R&B iPod [with Top 40 One Republic, Kelly Clarkson, and did I see Daughtry when I starting MP3ing from the passenger seat? thrown in for good measure].

"Whatever man, you don't know what you're missing.(SIDENOTE: I just wanna dance. Is that a crime?) You can have your, wait what are you buying? Jill Scott, American Gangster [finally he catches up], and Ryan Shaw? Who the hell is Ryan Shaw? Oh well whatever let's go. It's December I can't go blowing money on myself like that. Kylie can wait. Just Paris is Burning."

Skip ahead.

Post Jamaican Rum. Post Hangover. Post falling asleep midway through the doc. Post Beyonce. Post standing up acting a fool in front of a plasma screen for the latter half of the concert cause I was THAT into it. SMH. Shame, shame, shame.

Who's bad?

This guy.

I'm sorry, but those snippets I skimmed in Virgin had me thirsty all day for that new Import only Kylie, so yeah, I got it, and this morning I pressed play and took it all in. So glad I own this right now. Soft spot in my heart for pop music. Even softer spot for good danceable pop music from a cooing come hither, rump shaking female singer. [Surprise, surprise] That's why I am happy to share these tracks with you, cause they're too damn good, and because at her age, post Breast Cancer and all, Ms. Minogue still makes it all look [and sound] too easy.

Check em out:

Speakerphone



Heart Beat Rock



Nu-di-ty


No comments: