Thursday, December 13, 2007

One-A-Day! Tauwan's Top 25 Albums of 2007!

From the makers of POP...LIFE!: Tauwan's Top 25 albums of 2006.



Bang! Bang! Rock and roll!

THIRTEEN/INFINITY ON HIGH/FALL OUT BOY

CONVERSATIONS WITH MY 21 YEAR OLD SELF. WINTER 2005.


I'm not supposed to like Fall Out Boy. In fact, I don't. Nu-uh. No siree bob. Sugar We're Going Down Swinging? Nope. Turn it of. Not for me. And that video? What is going on? What the hell is up with the antlers and the letterman jackets? Nope. Forget it. Turn it off. Not for me. And I don't see the appeal of lead singer Pete Wentz. [He is the lead singer right?]...2 YEARS LATER. Giving in. Dance Dance, both the video and the song itself, are quite infectious. But nothing could prepare me for the long player fun and exhilarating ride that is Fall Out Boy's latest, Infinity On High. Now earlier this year I decided that guilty pleasures don't exist for me anymore. No longer will I let myself hide behind a cloak of protection out of fear for liking something spunky, catchy, or -GASP- POPULAR! Especially when it's good. And this CD is good, fuck what ya heard. Each of the fourteen tracks, be they slow or uptempo, announce themselves like an anthem. Peep the razor sharp intro of The Take Over, The Break's Over or the crushing here me now drums and vocal choral of Thnks fr the Mmrs. Yes, this band [on disc at least] is tight, coming harder, faster, stronger like a band with nothing to lose and everything to gain. And my favorite part of this disc has to be Patrick Stump. Yep, that's right. The shy and low key lead singer with the heart of gold. That boy can SING, forcing you to wonder if voices in this genre are supposed to be this malleable. Watch it rise, watch it fall, watch it scream, watch it soar. The boy's got game, and on this disc, so do his bandmates. To infinity, and beyond!
KEY TRACKS: "The Take Over. The Breaks Over"/The (After) Life Of The Party/I've Got All This Ringing In My Ears And None On My Fingers

  • FOURTEEN/GRADUATION/KANYE WEST


  • FIFTEEN/THE CON/TEGAN AND SARA


  • SIXTEEN/THE MAGIC POSITION/PATRICK WOLF


  • SEVENTEEN/+/JUSTICE


  • EIGHTEEN/PRINZHORN DANCE SCHOOL/PRINZHORN DANCE SCHOOL


  • NINETEEN/BECAUSE OF THE TIMES/KINGS OF LEON


  • TWENTY/SOME LOUD THUNDER/CLAP YOUR HANDS SAY YEAH!


  • TWENTY-ONE/BLACKOUT/BRITNEY SPEARS AND GOOD GIRL GONE BAD/RIHANNA


  • TWENTY-TWO/UNDER THE BLACKLIGHT/RILO KILEY


  • TWENTY-THREE/MYTH TAKES/!!!


  • TWENTY-FOUR/SKY BLUE SKY/WILCO


  • TWENTY-FIVE/FANCY FOOTWORK/CHROMEO

  • No comments: