Thursday, December 31, 2009

Love & Happiness.

The Albums: 2009.



4/Black Lips/200 Million Thousand

“We rollin’?”

I want that old time Rock and Roll. I want it to hit me like a freight train, make my toes tap, and my fingers snap, half hug a body to my left or right, and sing along to the feel good affair. I want it raw, lo-fi. Basement tested, Dive Bar approved, drenched in 200 Million Thousand beads of sweat. 200 Million Thousand beats of energy per second, unabashed, loud, kinetic. Rollicking, all ramshackle like, with a touch of Rockabilly thrown in for good measure. Short, PUNGENT, rambling. Long, drawn out, meandering. I want that sludge, that frenzy of fuzz, feedback and vocals yelp-sing-shouting. Rip-Roaring Keys, rhythm sections that bleed, surf guitar shakedowns abundant. Let it grow, start over, SEE GOD, take my heart…wash, rinse, repeat. I wanna look back while steeped in the present. I got a short fuse, but for this I’ll stay attentive, 200 Million Thousand beats per second.
KEY TRACKS: Starting Over/Short Fuse/I'll Be With You

  • 5/Bat for Lashes/Two Suns


  • 6/Passion Pit/Manners


  • 7/Ryan Leslie/Ryan Leslie


  • 8/Amerie/In Love & War


  • 9/Mos Def/The Ecstatic


  • 10/Yeah Yeah Yeahs/It's Blitz!


  • 11/The Flaming Lips/Embryonic


  • 12/Phoenix/Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix


  • 13/Artic Monkeys/Humbug


  • 14/Wale/Attention Deficit


  • 15/Devendra Banhart/What Will Be


  • 16/Grizzly Bear/Veckatimest


  • 17/Chester French/Love the Future


  • 18/Jay-Z/The Blueprint 3


  • 19/Discovery/LP


  • 20/Mariah Carey/Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel


  • 21/Franz Ferdinand/Tonight: Franz Ferdinand


  • 22/Peter Bjorn And John/Living Thing


  • 23/Peaches/I Feel Cream


  • 24/Karen O and The Kids/Where the Wild Things Are Motion Picture Soundtrack


  • 25/Tegan and Sara/Sainthood

  • No comments: