Sunday, September 07, 2008

Old School Funk for the True Funk Soldiers!

FILE UNDER: A Moment of Clarity.

The worst thing about my "vacation" coming to an end? No longer being able to stay up late and not let myself fall asleep until sitting through two or three episodes of Family Matters between 2 and 4 a.m. on Nick at Nite.

-Sigh-

I nearly lost my shit last night/earlier this morning when this episode graced my bedroom television screen. I mean this episode had it all: an exploration of Rachel's short-lived culinary career [what it do Rachel's Place!] in the form of her catering Maxine's party, Maxine, kids crashing parties and spiking punch, near death experiences, tight rope walking [Rachel saving drunk Urk], drunk Urkel, and an afterschool special undertone in the form of Laura taking a stance against teenage drinking. Damn. That's what's up!



[ED.'S NOTE: Oh and clearly Larenz Tate and Waldo. Can't forget about those fools either.]

No comments: