Tuesday, September 16, 2008

"You can have whatever you like!"

All you have to do is get up off that ass, register, and VOTE! Just Ask T.I.!

FILE UNDER: A Moment of Clarity/PRIMARIES: Out of the Races & Onto the Tracks!


He approves this message.

From my inbox [Cut to five minutes earlier: Does it really say from T.I. in my inbox? Yes, yes it does.], to your computer screen:

If you watched the VMAs last week you no doubt saw me. And saw me in my Respect My Vote! t-shirt. The reason I wore that shirt is the reason I'm writing to you today.

Respect My Vote! isn't just some words on a t-shirt. It's a movement that I and so many others like Keyshia Cole, Chris Brown, Nelly, Omar Epps, Bow Wow, Ray J, Sean Kingston, Maino, Wale and the Simmons Sisters believe in. We believe in voting. And since I can't vote in this election, I've made it my mission to get as many people to register and vote this year as possible.

Working with the Hip Hop Caucus, I have dedicated myself to making this happen and I am asking you to help me.

I challenge you to:

1. Register To Vote! - If you think you need to Register To Vote, use our easy online registration form today.
2. Post the Respect My Vote! logo and link - Upload buttons, photos and links to your MySpace or Facebook pages (visit our Respect My Vote! Buttons page for special graphics).
3. Spread the Word - Use the tools at www.hiphopcaucus.org/respectmyvote to contact your friends about our campaign.
4. Get information on Hip Hop Caucus events - Sign up to participate in events across the country.
5. Get text messages - When you signup at www.hiphopcaucus.org , don't forget to include you mobile number so we can contact you for special text message updates.

I'm doing everything I can to get people to Register to Vote. That's why I wore the Respect My Vote! t-shirt to the VMAs. That why I'm going to events, talking to the press and doing whatever I can to help to make sure our voice is heard - and in record numbers. If you are not already registered to vote, I ask you and everyone you know to Register to Vote!

T.I.

P.S. If you want to see some of Hip Hop's greatest wearing the t-shirt or for a list of stores selling the shirt, visit the Hip Hop Caucus web site. Partial proceeds from the sales of these shirts will be generously contributed to the Hip Hop Caucus by AKOO clothing. Support the movement!

No comments: