Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Super Collider.

So I got this new Kings of Leon album right. And yeah, sure I've only given a listen to the first three to five tracks or so, but I still hear a discernible sound that hovers over them all; a late era Silverchair, STP vibing, ready for KROQ or the Modern Rock charts sound that sits in the background [or, like I said the first couple of tracks or so] and lunges to the forefront when the time calls for it in a track. It's not a bad sound per se, just different for the brothers Followill. Don't believe me? Can't understand the words that are coming out of my mouth? Press play on this video below for track two off the boys' latest Only by the Night. Ladies and gentlemen I present to you Kings of Leon in Crawl.

[For fans of late era Silverchair, Stone Temple Pilots, the Dandy Warhols, the Secret Machines, and mid to late 90's British rock with a wink, sneer, and slight electronic and/or industrial twist. Not a diss song, just saying.]

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi,

My name is Tiffany and I'm working in association with Thumbplay.com, a leading online platform of mobile entertainment content that offers ringtones, wallpapers, games and text-based services through a membership-based, community experience.

I feel the information on your site you provide is very useful. I would love to know if you could link to our ringtone resource.

Best regards,
Tiffany