Sunday, February 17, 2008

The kid stays in the picture.

FILE UNDER: New flava in MY ear!


"Crank it up give it to me come on,
Crank it up give it to me come on!"


A week or so back I was alerted to the fact that Janet, "Ms. Jackson if you're nasty", Jackson had posted two new tracks off her upcoming LP Discipline. Off I went, clicking the link, hoping to press repeat. But I didn't. And I didn't see what all the fuss was about. I enjoy me some Feedback, and I love me some Janet Jackson, but these songs were aight.

Skip to the end.

I take that back. Rock Wit U [not to be confused with MJ's Rock WITH You], is an alluringly seductive slice of European house music heaven. With the kind of air and vocal sensuality that Ms. Jackson could pull out in her sleep. It breathes, it pulls, it winks, and it coos. And you'd be a fool to ward off its advances.

No comments: