Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Earth Intruders.

FILE UNDER: New flava in ya ear!


"STOP! LOOK! WHAT'S THAT SOUND?"

The iPod was on repeat. And it was doing a pretty good job of playing the hits. Not necessarily single after single after single...it was just getting it right, track after track. And it was also doing a good job reminding me of exactly what is on the iPod, and that other albums exist outside of the four or five in heavy rotation at that moment in time. Take Volta for example. iPod on shuffle. Silence followed by the opening swell of the orchestra. Bjork. Antony. The Dull Flame of Desire. "Damn. Can't remember the last time I put the needle on the track for this one." None of that mattered then. All that mattered was the music. And it had me. As does this remix. Which upon my first encounter with it, prompted another quick "Damn. Can't remember the last time I put the needle on it for this one."

  • DISCOBELLE: Björk + Ratatat - Wanderlust [Ratatat RMX]
  • No comments: