Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Izzy Izzy ahh zizah zizah zizah

FILE UNDER: New flava in ya ear!



Vampire Weekend this. Vampire Weekend that. One of the best albums of the year this. Bout time we got something to rave home about in 2008 that. Okay. Fa sho. I copped it. It's good. I like it. But can we take a step back and acknowledge how great this new Hot Chip album is. Granted I am only five tracks in, but shit goddamn if it ain't pulsating with charm, charisma, and straight up whip appeal. I liked The Warning, no doubt about it, but this one is taking me back to the sonic boudoir fantasies of their debut Coming on Strong, the album that made me fall in love with these boys in the band in the first place. Yeah Vampire Weekend is cool and all, but this one, for me, is taking the cake. And rightly so.

A little sumthin' sumthin' off the album for the lovers:



And why am I just hearing this song all the way through for the first time tonight?:

No comments: