Sunday, September 23, 2007

This is how we do it.

Yes it is Jermaine. You don't even know...

Now if you visit this blog often, you know that old school jams are more often than not posted under the "Old School Funk for the True Funk Soldiers" headline. But sometimes old school joints are so good, so well put together, so classic to a brotha, [see Montell Jordan's This is how we do it] that all I can do is marvel at their goodness as they boldly play on and show us how's it done. This jam, presented below, is one such example.


File Under: Big Ups Jermaine Dupri.

1: Happy 35th Birthday to the man who's bedding Janet, Ms. Jackson if you're nasty, every single night.

2: Yes, I bought this album way back in 1998*, and I still own it.

3: This song still knocks, nearly ten years later. AND

4: Play it right now, [I dare you] I bet I still know all the words.




*Can we take minute to acknowledge how great 1998 was for this strictly commercial hip-hop and R&B music fan? [at the time] Check it out:

-The Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill
-Make It Hot - Nicole
-Enter the Dru - Dru Hill
-Kima, Keisha & Pam - Total
-Never Say Never - Brandy
-My Love Is Your Love - Whitney Houston
-The Boy is Mine - Monica
-Destiny's Child - Destiny's Child
- Traces of My Lipstick by Xscape
-R. - R.Kelly
-E.L.E. (Extinction Level Event): The Final World Front - Busta Rhymes
-Mya - Mya
-Vol. 2, Hard Knock Life - Jay-Z

I say, I say, HOT DAMN!

1 comment:

TheBlacks said...

'98 was a very good year - I still remember when Lauryn Hill dropped "The Miseducation," the world went crazy. As I type this comment I can hear "Ex-Factor," playing ... Damn!