Tuesday, September 11, 2007

First Impressions of Earth.


The story is in the soil. Keep your ear to the ground.

A few weeks back I tried to download Kanye West's Graduation and get my pre-release listen on like everybody else. But unlike everyone else I had little to no luck in securing all of the album's tracks. After many, many tries I said fuck it, deleted what I had and waited til today to purchase it, take it home, and press play.

And I did.

One run through and my first impression is this: it's aight. Again, first impression. Hell by the time Homecoming came on I was almost bored, and moved on before the ode to Jay-Z, Big Brother, started. Again I need more time. This is how I feel with one non-skippable run through. In the meantime I'll go back to playing that album shown above, which has become one of my favorite albums/hip-hop albums of the year.




SIDENOTE: I do love this song though. I mean he makes T-Pain "sing" and samples P.Y.T. How can you not love it? And I am also glad to see that he's feeling the fellas in Justice a little more than he used to.

No comments: