Wednesday, September 05, 2007

B.A.P.S. : A Few Thoughts

File Under: A Moment of Clarity



How did you spend your Labor Day?

I don't know about you, but my Labor Day [post four-o-clock] was mad chill. It started with a few wine coolers and "my first drink" drinks [Smirnoff Ices, Mike's Hard Lemonades, etc., etc.] and ended with me and a few close friends gathered around a laptop downloading old school joints from the 90's [Inoj MY BOO, Shorty Swing My Way, Keep On Keep Keepin On] and going through Itunes singing along to clips, yes clips, of our favorite jams from back in the day. [I see you Xscape. And I miss you. Hummin' Comin At Cha indeed.]

Of course all of this came after a in and out viewing of a movie I had never seen before: B.A.P.S. Now look, I know it ain't no Citizen Kane, hell it ain't even House Party 3, but damn it if my buzzed, got the day off, and not doing a goddamn thing til Tuesday rolls around ass didn't enjoy most of what I saw.

And I was also intrigued by the few thoughts and questions that lingered in my head both throughout the movie and long after it came to an end.

Por ejemplo...

-What the hell happened to Monifah?



Seriously, can somebody let a brotha know?


Turn around Mickey and let us read what them clothes is saying.


-"You know, we really don't use the phrase "BOO YA!" as much as we should.

-Also, W-w-why should you have to wear your Sunday clothes on Wednesday?


-Oh Heavy D. Heavy, Heavy D. Riding in the car with Bigmama to Sears, JC Penny, or the Baldwin Hills Crenshaw Pla-za, meant little to no rap, hip-hop, or R&B. [She sure did love and STILL loves her some 88.1 FM] But whenever this song came on it was all to the good. Even she couldn't resist that chorus and getting her bounce on to it behind the wheel.



And finally...

What it do Pierre Edwards?



No seriously, what you been up to homie?

No comments: