Saturday, September 08, 2007

Strangers with Candy.

I didn't come home last night. Went directly to his place after work, so you know what that means: I was still rocking the work clothes. Of course I ditched the button down and threw it in the "murse". White-T, nice pants, shiny work or "Sunday" shoes. I removed a layer and still managed to somehow look "dressed."

Morning.

I gotta get out these clothes, but more importantly I gotta get those new Talib Kweli and U.G.K. records. To the local Best Buy we go! [I gotta rack up those Rewards points you know.] U.G.K. is in stock, but once again I search the Venice area Best Buy for something on a Saturday and come up short; No Talib Kweli.

To the WeHo Best Buy I go!

They got nine copies.

Venice to La Brea. 12:00 PM on the dot.

12:45 or so, I gotta go. Three buses have gone south on La Brea in the past 45 minutes, not one has come to take us all north.

Fuck this, I'm out.

Venice to the Shaw. More time to think if I really need those CDs right now. I am not alone. Another no waitin' soldier from the Venice and La Brea bus stop has joined me on the Venice bus going East.

Standing. Minding my own. Feel a tap. It's my no waitin' soldier.

[What the hell does he want? And why the hell are his lips so chapped?]

"Are you a model?"
"What?"
"I'm a photographer. Have you ever thought about it?"
"No. Not really?"
"You should think about it. You have a look and I would love to take your picture. [What am I wearing? An undershirt, those nice pants and Sunday shoes, and my brand spanking two day old vintage messenger bag from Urban Outfitters.]Let's exchange numbers."
"Do you have a card? My phone is dead." [And it was]
"Uh. No, um. Let me grab a pen."

And on the back of what appeared to be a utility bill of some sort I wrote my first and last name and my phone number. And no, I did not get his. What the fuck did I do that for? Maybe my ego was stroked or something by his comments. I didn't even stop to think that maybe, just maybe I was just hustled for my phone number by a young entreprenigga trying to get in my pants. I will give him this though, he did have what appeared to be a camera bag in his hand. But still Tauwan. What the fuck?

I blame sunshine and Sangria.

No comments: