Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Return. of the MACK!

This is why you don't write your phone number on the back of a utility bill on a bus...

"I'm thirsty. I need something to drink. Y'all want anything?"

And with that I was off in search of a thirst quencher to cure what ailed me; thirst brought on by a massive hangover that was still wreaking havoc at six in the evening.

Damn. Walgreens is closed. Whatever. They gon be a minute in Old Navy so I'll cross the street and hit up this Chevron.

Phone vibrates.

I guess I am taking more time than I thought I was. A missed call and a text with the phone number in it. Damn.

I better hurry the fuck up with them drinks so we can get outta Hollywood and get some grub.

But wait.

This missed call is foreign. If the call was from either of them I would have read their name in the screen of my phone, not all these digits. Wonder who this could be?

Redial.

"Hello."

-Static-

"Hello."
"Hello."

-A little more clarity-


"Uh...yeah. You just called my phone."
"Oh hey what up man it's ___________. I got your number on the bus."
"Oh. Oh hey. "

-FUCK-

"So yeah man I take photography at LACC, but I am really interested in documentary film...But I do pictures for the most part. I contacted you cause you have a beautiful look man...Do you model?...Or act?"
-"Uh. Thanks...Nah. Nah. I mean I did a little singing and dancing in college."

-FLOODGATES GO OPEN...

...NOW!-

"Aww man. Really? What kind?"
"Well I've dabbled in modern, contemporary, jazz, hip-hop..."

-This is the part where I imagined his eyes lit up and he grinned from ear to ear-

"Oh okay...See I'm trying to do this music thang you know...I take pictures but I am really interested in documentary cinema and I want to do this jazz piece you know, but with like real erotic movements."
"Oh. So would I have to dance an-"
"Yeah you know real fluid and lyrical choreography. But I want it to be focused on eroticism [the choreography that is]."
"So this movement, is it choreographed?"
"That's where you come in. That'll be all up to you. By the way, are you against partial nudity?"
"Um. I don't know. I mean. I don't know if I would have time to choreograph something, but-"
"What about thongs?"
"Um. I don't know. I mean-"
"And payment? I mean what would you want for this, cause I mean this could also be good for and your career, and I don't want to you know, cheat you or anything."
"Aww man I don't know. That's in your hands. You come up with something."

-WHY HAVEN'T I HUNG UP YET? QUIT BEING NICE NIGGA!-

"You got a DVD player?... Are you free tonight or tomorrow? We could get together and I could show you some of my stuff."
"Umm. Yeah. I don't know. I'm actually at dinner right now [Actually I am in front of a gas station debating whether I want a Coke or a Sunkist, but that's none of his goddamn business], so, uh, can I call you back later on tonight after dinner or something." [Yeah, yeah. That works]
"Yeah. I'll be here. This number, it ain't got no answering service, but I'll be here all night, so if you call I'll get it." [What does that even mean?]

Whatever. I got a Sunkist to drink. I ain't got no time for erotic jazz movements and thongs.

No comments: