Friday, April 13, 2007

Quote of the Day!


PITCHFORK: So you don't think we're in the vulgar era, just that it's something to shoot for?

JOSH HOMME: I mean, I think we're in it, and I'm stoked...Because I think our generation is, they don't want to be dock workers or coal miners. They want to delay adolescence and prolong adolescence, prolong thought about what to do, and try to take advantage of life while it's around, take more artistic jobs, like working at Pitchfork, playing rock music. And I totally understand that. And I also think it's an age of disinformation, where it's not like it's being kept from you, it's more like it's being piled on top of you. And so I think every time you go to make a personal decision, it's like more information comes to light. I think it's not really bad, it's more gluttony rad. It's sort of like indecision. And I think while we're all deciding, everyone samples a little bit of everything. And I'd like to play that party.

  • PITCHFORK: QOTSA's Homme Talks New LP, Motivations, Pirates
  • No comments: