Friday, April 20, 2007

Allow me to reintroduce myself...


Has this ever happened to you? You get a song stuck in your head and you just gotta hear it. You go to your iPod eager to press play only to find that the song or album you are looking for ain't there. This happened a few weeks ago with me and Ambulance LTD. I had to hear Stay Where You Are off their self-titled debut, only to find that Primitive[The Way I Treat You] was the only track my iPod was offering. Don't fret though, the problem has been remedied and I now get to revel in the "well-worn subjects of love, loss, and regret and wraps them in sounds and arrangements that are both soothing and imaginative."

Now, earlier today I learned that the Gorillaz are done producing more albums. Okay. I can accept that. I don't like it. But I can accept it. And then I am hit with this from Entertainment Weekly's Popwatch:

"For all of you music geeks looking for the next big thing on MySpace, you should follow that last back slash with the words: The Red Romance. TRR didn't just appear out of nowhere; they're the remnants of Ambulance LTD, a little indie rock band that released two EPs and a full-length CD in 2004 and even had an impressive whirl on MTV for a while. The trio wasn't creatively aligned with lead singer Marcus Congleton so they did what seemed like the natural rock 'n' roll thing to do: they declared a coup."

-Sigh-

So of course I went over to the band's Myspace page and pressed play. [Oh Myspace and mp3 blogs. Hard to imagine a world without them huh?] And the verdict? I am not wowed and head over heels in love with them the way I was with Ambulance LTD, but I can see why they are currently opening for the Killers. It's as if it's 2004 all over again and the boys are looking to stand out amongst their peers the Bravery/She Wants Revenge/The Strokes/Hot Hot Heat etc. In other words, I dig it. I'm okay with it, and I can accept it. But still, I want better.

  • EW POPWATCH: A Blossoming Romance


  • MYSPACE: The Red Romance


  • Tauwan's Top Albums of 2004. [Scroll down. Ambulance LTD's self titled LP came in at number three]


  • Just because...

    Stay Where You Are


    Primitive (The Way I Treat You)

    No comments: