Saturday, March 31, 2007

Riddle Me This



Back in the spring of 2005, I was all about this album. I remember blasting it quite often in my two bedroom with a bathroom and living room suite on the fif floor [commonly known by many a Bowdoin College student as Stowe Hall]. My baseball playing roommate with a fondess for Playstation 2 and video games across the way, Rosy, instantly recognized the band one afternoon, not because he was all about the little known bands that could, but because many a sports came on his Playstation console kept it gangsta; eschewing the popular tunes of the day in favor of little known and/or just breaking bands with hot, hot, tunes. For those like Rosy, these tracks, providing the sdtrk to play selections, and big time player entrances, was their very own college radio station, unknowingly putting them in the know.

I thought about all this as I flipped through the latest issue of Spin and came across an ad for 2K SPORTS MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL 2K7, featuring music from:

The Stooges
Sublime
The Walkmen [!]
The Specials
Nirvana [!]
Wolfmother
DFA 1979 [!]
The Thermals
Tapes 'n' Tapes [!]
Pixies, 311, and more...

Such an impressive roster begs me to ask: EA Sports, 2K7, and others like them. Fingers on the pulse or two steps behind?

No comments: