Thursday, March 15, 2007

And we all float on okay?

For better or worse, I have never watched American Idol religiously until this season. This doesn't mean that I am not familiar with the show or don't own a single or album or two by past winners and/or contestants. I am a young American citizen after all. But when I wasn't busy being busy and having no time for primetime television [clearly not the case now], and could catch a few minutes of the show, I knew there were a few things I could do without: 1)the blatant product placement, 2) the group numbers, and 3)the combination of numbers one and two. So I guess you can already guess how I felt about last night's "commercial" for Ford convertibles starring the final 12, set to Modest Mouse's Float On. [Modest Mouse? Really? Why? How did that one get pitched in the writer's room for Diana Ross week?]SMH.-Sigh-It just ain't right... It just ain't right...

No comments: