Wednesday, March 21, 2007

New flava in ya ear!

Tauwan Patterson, resident consumer whore for Last Night A DJ Saved My Life, here with my new release Tuesday round-up. So yesterday I got my hands on three new discs, and today I got to sit inside a court house for nearly nine hours reading Vanity Fair and playing the iPod til the red bar reared its ugly head. This gave me more than enough time to actually enjoy albums, not singles, or songs on shuffle. As was the case with the day Arcade Fire's new cd dropped and I bought like fifty-eleven CDs, I have a favorite of the three I purchased yesterday. And the winner is:



Don't get me wrong, I adore the new LCD Soundsystem, and Devin the Dude's latest is charming, but this one grabbed me from track one and would not let go. And unlike the new Bloc Party, which gets less exciting for me after track 8 or 9, this CD entertains and is chock full of quirky surprises from start to finish. [I'm especially digging the Talking Heads vibe present in the stunning bottom half.] So big ups Issac and co. I am sure I'll play this one out as much as I did your last one, which just so happened to be my pick for album of the year in 2004. Oh, and big ups to you too Mr. Johnny Marr. Though honestly I completely forgot that you play a little guitar here and there on the disc til now when I gave you props. Guess we can blame that on the whole me not being well versed [or is it not giving a damn?]in the school of Morrissey and the Smiths.
KEY TRACKS: Parting of the Sensory/Education/Steam Engenius

No comments: