Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Me and Mr. Jones


So I have heard of this Mark Ronson fella a few times in the past, but it wasn't until the Lily Allen/Amy Winehouse exposure that I started to truly pay attention to the boy in da corner. And then there was this. Fluxblog reports:

"Mark Ronson "Stop Me" transforms The Smiths' "Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before" into a slick R&B number with his signature horn bleats, crisp beats, and electro flourishes. The vocal starts out sounding a little bit like Damon Albarn, but once it gets going, it shifts into a rather impressive simulation of Prince in his "When Doves Cry" mode. As the song hits its peak, it mutates into a cover of the Supremes' "You Keep Me Hanging On." The transition is clever, fluid, and intuitive, and stands out as one of the more stunning pop moments of the year thus far."

Oh Me! Oh My! Got myself into it and I'm loving it. Check it out!

  • FLUXBLOG: Mark Ronson "Stop Me"
  • No comments: