Monday, January 15, 2007

If you don't sit yo grown ass down!

So earlier today my cousin and I ended a day of errand running with a quick bite to eat at Wings and Things. Midway through our meal in comes the wife and what appears to be the 7-9 year old daughter of one of the chefs in the kitchen. 7-9 stands about 3 1/2 to 4 feet tall, rocking a fluorescent pink shirt with some rhinestoned female slang across the chest of the cute/princess/bratz variety, and matching fluorescent lime green velour track pants. My cousin already had the sneaking suspicion that 7-9 was too grown for her own good when she laughed along with the grown folk tales and stories springing from her parents' and their associates' mouths. And then she pulled out a cell phone. Yes. 7-9 had a cell phone. SMH. Even when my friends first started getting cell phones in high school I was amazed and impressed they had parents nice enough to pay for a phone plan for a teenager in HIGH SCHOOL. Shit if you wanted to contact me you had better hoped that a) I was home, b)the line wasn't busy, and/or c)no one was on the internet. Sigh. Those were the days. Anyways, to make a long story short, I thought of 7-9 with a quickness when I saw this:

No comments: