Saturday, January 06, 2007

Excuse me miss




If you'll excuse me, I would now like to take the time to throw a little praise towards two albums released late in the game [game=2006] that would have easily been in my top five R&B albums of the year list if such a list existed; Ciara's The Evolution and Fantasia's s self-titled sophomore disc.

At a time when fewer and fewer solo female artists actually matter, these two ladies are coming with it, excelling in the game by following instincts [yes,instincts can also equal writers and producers, I know]and doing them. I could go on forever, but I am lazy and will instead direct you to these two reviews from Stylus Magazine that pretty much take the words out of my mouth, echoing the same sentiments.

  • Stylus Magazine: Fantasia Review


  • Stylus Magazine: Ciara:The Evolution Review
  • No comments: