Thursday, December 22, 2011

DOO-WOPS & HOOLIGANS: The Singles, 2011.


09/LMFAO, Lauren Bennett, and GoonRock/Party Rock Anthem

I didn't always like this song. If I could, I would avoid it. But slowly, with each passing day (it did officially drop in JANUARY after all), I began to let myself tolerate it. When the video started on AMTV, I'd let it play. When it came on again on FUSE, I'd let it play. The song was just inescapable for a minute there. It was Party Rock Anthem's world, and I decided to just live in it. And when I did, I realized something: this song is not as bad as I think I'm supposed to think it is. The "generic" of the moment trance in the beat; The "Fergie but Not Fergie" part; Pretty much the whole Black Eyed Peas sheen, all suddenly worked for me. This is because Party Rock Anthem doesn't try to be something it's not. It's just here to have a good time the old fashioned way. It even says so. And for those four and half minutes that's it on, that's all you care about. No wonder it was so beloved. I get it.



10/Big Sean & Nicki Minaj/Dance (A$$) [REMIX]

11/The Black Keys/Lonely Boy

12/Theophilus London & Sara Quinn/Why Even Try

13/Cee-Lo Green/Bodies & Erykah Badu/Gone Baby, Don't Be Long

14/CANT/Too Late, Too Far 

15/Terius Nash & Big Sean/Ghetto

16/Radiohead/Lotus Flower 

17/Rihanna & Calvin Harris/We Found Love

18/Drake/Headlines

19/Wavves/King of the Beach

20/Ye, Shawn, & Otis/OTIS 

21/Lady Gaga/Born This Way AND The Edge of Glory

22/Chris Brown & Benny Benassi/Beauitful People AND Chris Brown, Busta Rhymes, & Lil Wayne/Look At Me Now

23/Lil Wayne/How To Love 

24/Holy Ghost! featuring Michael McDonald/Some Children AND Maroon 5 featuring Christina Aguilera/Moves Like Jagger 

25/Florence + the Machine/Shake It Out


No comments: