Thursday, December 29, 2011

DOO-WOPS & HOOLIGANS: The Singles, 2011.


AND


03/The Rapture/How Deep is Your Love? AND Toro y Moi/Still Sound

These two songs right here are about love. Two songs from two different artists, but cut from the same cloth, talking bout love. Love songs whose sentiments are cloaked in dancefloor ready accessories, and asking a lot of the person on the other end. Mostly us. How Deep is Your Love? Is it still sound? Prove it, these songs seem to say. Your presence is a blessing, so bring it on to me. Give me what I need to live. Let me hear that song, and let us rejoice. Get up on the good foot, together, cause I don't want to be alone. Sentiments in lockstep with the rhythms, echoed on repeat. These are euphoric, everything but the kitchen sink disco stylings with a hint of funk and R&B thrown in for good measure. Love songs custom made for the floor, whose grooves seem to go on forever. Hallelujah. Let me hear that song.



AND



04/Metronomy/The Bay 

05/Friendly Fires/Hawaiian Air

No comments: