Saturday, December 17, 2011

DOO-WOPS & HOOLIGANS: The Albums, 2011.


"Groove me, baby."

14/Junior Boys/It's All True

“I can never hold my tongue. 'Cause I love you so bad and I wanna repeat it. I love you so bad, now I'm gonna repeat it. I love you so bad, and I wanna repeat it.” Repeated. Midway through It’s All True’s second to last track, a wave of smitten euphoria washes over Jeremy Greenspan. And he’s gonna repeat it. He’s gonna slow it down, and he’s gonna repeat it. Let the sentiment sink, and he’s gonna repeat it. Let the beat build, and he’s gonna repeat it. Again and again til you, like he, is transfixed; Wrapped up in the sentiment, and comforted by the sounds of the slow burning synths and 808s lying next to crush worthy throwbacks tailor made for late night escapades. Smoky and seductive, with a little something something for you dancing feet too. Go on and let yourself repeat it.
KEY TRACKS: Playtime/You’ll Improve Me/Banana Ripple

No comments: