Thursday, December 18, 2014

rough trade.

words.

"When I was asked to write about what our society learned about racism in 2014, my initial response was to say "nothing." We've been repeating the same mistakes of systemic prejudice, bias, and senseless violence since long before I was a twinkle in my white dad's eyeball. It's hard to look at the images coming out of Ferguson, Missouri, and not assume that some grotesque apocalyptic nightmare has been belched out from underneath our feet. The only thing I feel like I've learned is to stay the fuck inside my house with the doors locked and a firearm at the ready.

 ...2014 made us all want to give up, but we've got to overcome, at least until the end of Obama's second term. He's got two more years to find his inner ​Dolemite and dropkick the world into a neverending state of inoffensive, mushy bliss. In the meantime, let's try to make sense of the last 12 months of bummers..."

VICE: America's Racists Even More Racist Than Usual in 2014

No comments: