Friday, May 16, 2008

This is how we do it.

Yes it is Shania. You don't even know...

Now if you visit this blog often, you know that old school jams are more often than not posted under the "Old School Funk for the True Funk Soldiers" headline. But sometimes old school joints are so good, so well put together, so classic to a brotha, [see Montell Jordan's This is how we do it] that all I can do is marvel at their goodness as they boldly play on and show us how's it done. This jam, presented below, is one such example.


This example of Country Music Balladry at its finest is being posted in honor of the now defunct union of Shania Twain and producer/hubby Mutt Lange. Why? Because they made beautiful music together. [no pun intended] And because when I was younger, and Shania was at the height of her fame, I did indeed own a copy of her multi-platinum disc Come on Over. I ain't played said disc in a minute. Why? Because 6 or 7 years ago my uncle borrowed it from me so "his wife could burn a copy."* I ain't seen it since...



*You ain't got to lie to kick it Unc. I know you borrowed it for your own enjoyment...

No comments: